The Patient Partnership Group (or PPG for short) has an important role to play at NUH. It is made up of a group of patients and staff who come together monthly to offer a view on Trust issues – to give a patient voice.
This month working together with staff we have:
- Presented at an NHS England event where we shared good practice and described how we have involved patients in the implementation of the ‘friends and family’ test at NUH. This was a fantastic opportunity to spread of learning and experiences with the wider NHS and enabled me to give the patients’ perspective – click here to view our presentation.
- Participated in Think Clean inspections, which are an opportunity for patients to get involved in the Trust’s programme of work to ensure high standards of cleanliness as we put the spotlight on the environment in which patients are cared
- Commented on the essence of care benchmark scores and criteria – this is another way in which patients are involved in ensuring good standards of care and safety are delivered at our local hospitals – by looking at areas such as nutrition and hydration and documentation
- We are delighted to have been given the opportunity to take part in the ‘events in the tents’ to give our voice. We are pleased to see the way feedback from the events is being communicated and actioned quickly. Click here for a summary of the feedback from the events.
- Embedding support and involvement of Carers throughout the organisation is one of our areas of focus for improvement this year. So we were very happy to be asked to join a short task and finish group to help make the Carers Policy real and meaningful at NUH to get this work going. At our first meeting we focused on defining and identifying Carers.