Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Online feedback - weekly round up


By Sarah Kennedy.
Patient Experience Officer

Listening to and learning from patient feedback is vitally important to us at NUH. It's one of the ways we say thanks to our staff when they do a good job, and look at where we might do better.
There are lots of ways you can provide your feedback and tell us about your experience - it's quick and easy with Patient Opinion and NHS Choices. You can also tell us how we did by sending us a tweet to @nottmhospitals.
The top online feedback themes last week were about care standards, team work and staff attitudes and behaviours.

Here are some of the highlights from last week:

I would like to thank all the staff on ward F20 for all their help and care they gave to my wife in the last weeks of her life. They were very understanding and gave excellent care both to her and myself.

I was admitted at 16 weeks pregnant with suspected appendicitis. From the moment I walked through the door the whole team were kind, caring and hugely supportive. I was terrified about losing my baby and in an awful lot of pain. I felt so cared for during my stay. I cannot thank the team enough for everything they did for me and my bump.

I was admitted very early morning to the TIA unit in March due to a suspected stroke and despite it being the day of a junior doctors' strike (or perhaps because of it) I was seen promptly and sent for various tests the same day. I thought the staff very polite, committed and efficient so I could not have asked for more. I remain alive and kicking, and put this down to the prompt treatment received. Thank you very much.

After MRI scan and X-rays, I was diagnosed with scoliosis, experiencing excruciating back pain and limited mobility. After all the pain and discomfort, this condition can only be corrected with surgery and I realise that without the expertise and dedication of the hospital team I would now be in a wheelchair and still racked with pain.

I spent 6 hours in the emergency department yesterday. The staff on the reception were a little cold and off hand but from then on the treatment was excellent. The staff all worked well together and were very friendly and helpful. The doctor I saw couldn't have been more helpful and understanding and went out of their way to reassure me at a stressful time for me. It was a very busy day and they treated all of us with respect and patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment