Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Online feedback - weekly round up


By Andrew Steggles
Patient Experience Officer

There are lots of ways to share your feedback with us – so we know how we’re doing.

It’s quick and easy with Patient Opinion and NHS Choices. You can also tweet your feedback to @nottmhospitals.

The top online feedback themes last week were about care standards and praise for our hard-working staff and their efforts.

Here are some of the highlights:

I have just returned home having had thoracic lung surgery and was on Barclay ward for nine days. The whole experience was made much better because of the incredibly hard working staff - nothing was too much trouble to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I was impressed by the respect shown to all patients, the care given by the nursing staff, the cleaning regime and catering. I was given the freedom to look after myself wherever possible but the staff were ready to listen to me when I was distressed.

 I was on C51 for two weeks. The nursing staff on this ward work incredibly hard to ensure their patients are well cared for, especially one nurse in particular (Bet)h who was absolutely wonderful! Special mention to Alan the tea man who was great and knew everyone's orders!

(The patient’s wife) said she slept better the previous night knowing he was in good hands and was being taken care of.

My daughter was sent to QMC from Kingsmill with suspected myasthenia gravis. The staff spent less than 10 minutes with my daughter and in that short time came to the conclusion that her ptosis is behavioural! In my opinion, the department at QMC is a joke, no communication from them.

The care and procedure in the colonoscopy department I had was first class, I would recommend this to anyone with a range of Gastro issues, the city hospital gastro information website could do with an update with the range of treatments you carry out, everything was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment