Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Online feedback - weekly round up

By Andrew Steggles
Patient Experience Officer

Listening and learning from patient feedback is vitally important to us at NUH. 

With Patient Opinion and NHS Choices it’s quick and easy to share your experience. Alternatively, you can tell us how we did by sending us a tweet to @nottmhospitals

Last week we had a lot of positive feedback from patients and visitors.  Here are some examples:

I had an operation to repair a hiatus hernia. The doctors and nurses were brilliant and deserve the praise most people don’t give to them.

All the NHS staff on the Haematology unit were brilliant. You don't go here for the fun of it, but they make your life as pleasant as possible, both mentally and physically. Although I was glad to see the back of the place, I do think fondly of the many kindnesses shown by numerous members of staff. But, as nice as you are, hopefully I won't be seeing you again anytime soon!

Having sliced off the end of my index finger, my wife rushed me to A&E at QMC. I cannot praise enough the level of professionalism shown to me by all the nurses and staff that attended to my wound. What a marvellous bunch they are - thank you so much!

My grandad has just spent two weeks as an inpatient on both renal wards mostly Carrell ward. Sadly he didn't make it and passed away. I just want to give my thanks to amazing amazing staff on the wards for all the care they gave him.

I was in surgery on the 1st of June and the operation was a success. The surgeon was brilliant and did everything he could to get rid of my pain. I was on the ward D8 for my recovery and received the best possible care. All the staff worked hard and together and did everything they could to give you the best outcome.

Our annual staff awards, the NUHonours awards, are now open for nominations.  If you have received good care as a patient and want to say thank you you could nominate the member of staff or the team involved in your care. You can do this via our website: www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours.

No comments:

Post a Comment