Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Online feedback - weekly roundup

By Andrew Steggles
Patient Experience Officer

Patient feedback is a vital part of how we learn and improve when we fall short, and a way to say ‘thank you’ to our staff.

With Patient Opinion and NHS Choices it’s quick and easy to share your experience. Alternatively, you can tell us how we did by sending us a tweet to @nottmhospitals.

Last week was another quieter week for online feedback but here are a few examples of comments we have received from patients and their families about patients’ experience in our care:

“Last Thursday, I spent the day in the Queen's Day Case Unit for a minor procedure... Throughout the day I was treated as a VIP. Everything was clearly explained to me at each stage from the porters to the surgeons, I was given time to ask questions and was encouraged to do so. The care I received was superb.”

“My beautiful first and only grandson, 8 days old, was taken ill and admitted on the assessment unit E3. My goodness! First class service! They have been fantastic, pure excellence, from the domestic staff, student nurses, consultants, nursing staff everyone else. We had first class treatment, re-assured all the way, and they are doing their best to bring the little man's temp and heart rate down. Couldn't have asked for more. Big up ward E37, you have all been fantastic.”

“My daughter had to have mastoid surgery at the QMC, Nottingham. I cannot praise the Children’s Ambulatory Care Unit staff enough. We arrived at the ward and were welcomed with smiles. They explained everything that would happen and asked my daughter to tell them what surgery she was having so that they knew she was aware what she was there for and to ascertain how she was feeling. My daughter wasn't feeling great after the surgery so they made a bed up for her in a side room and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.”

Is there a member of our staff who you feel has gone the extra mile for you? A NUHonours nomination is a great way to say thanks. NUHonours are our annual staff awards. Find out more and submit a nomination here.

No comments:

Post a Comment