Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Online feedback - weekly roundup

By Andrew Steggles
Patient Experience Officer

Patient feedback is a vital part of learning, improving and thanking staff.

With Patient Opinion and NHS Choices it’s quick and easy to share your experience. You can also tell us how we did by sending us a tweet to @nottmhospitals.

Here are a few of last week’s comments.

“The nurses were very helpful and friendly and made me feel really comfortable. The doctor conducting the sigmoidoscopy was the opposite. They didn't turn around from their computer when I went into the treatment room, they waited until I was lying on my side with my back to them before attempting a conversation, still without leaving their computer. They didn't make me feel comfortable in their care.”

“My mother wanted to thank all the nurses and staff who have looked after during her stay at the City hospital. My mother was admitted to hospital with pneumonia, heart failure and cellulitis in her legs. Nothing was too much trouble for the nurses at the hospital, they also arranged for her to have ongoing treatment for the cellulitis from district nurses who have been wonderful.”

“We were pretty surprised at how much worse QMC was than our local hospital. First of all it's a nightmare to find your way around - even finding the entrance is difficult! The signing needs to be improved. Also the building just doesn't look very clean - we used the toilets and they were smelly and awful.”

“I recently gave birth to my first child at City hospital. Being my first I had no idea what to expect but the staff on the labour suite and the labour ward were very caring, patient and helpful. They listened to me and my needs and advised me accordingly allowing me to make informed decisions about my care.”

“I was supported at the Sanctuary birth centre with my labour. The staff were excellent, very supportive, caring and helped me and my husband feel informed. This ultimately helped me remain relaxed and the labour was pretty swift. I was then supported on the ward for a couple of days to help me establish breast feeding. Again the staff were excellent and gave me that bit of extra support to help me feed my son.”

“My whole experience has been a lovely one, from A&E to D8 ward to operating staff to recovery NSPU ward. Everyone was so nice, caring and allowed me keep my dignity in some very uncomfortable situations.”

Is there a member of our staff who you feel has gone the extra mile for you? A NUHonours nomination is a great way to say thanks. NUHonours are our annual staff awards. Find out more and submit a nomination here.

No comments:

Post a Comment