Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Online feedback - weekly round up

By Andrew Steggles, Patient Experience Officer

Patient feedback is a vital part of how we learn and improve when we fall short, and a way to say ‘thank you’ to our staff.

With Patient Opinion and NHS Choices it’s quick and easy to share your experience. Alternatively, you can tell us how we did by sending us a tweet to @nottmhospitals.

Here are examples of some of the feedback we received last week:

“My dad was taken by ambulance after suffering another stroke and was kept waiting for over an hour on a trolley with the paramedics before being assessed. There were 5 patients including my father queueing in the hall to be seen.”

“Thank you to those in the Emergency Department who gave my 95 year old father great care after a fall. Fast tracking his treatment due to his age was much appreciated and all those we encountered were helpful, friendly and efficient.”

“I had retinal detachment surgery as it was urgent, I was treated by two consultants with excellent treatment.”

“There is no continuity of care. Different staff nurses. Same for the auxiliaries. Elderly people need to be able to recognise a face. Why not keep the same nurses in one particular bay? I feel that my mum has been let down by services, communication and a duty of care.”

“I attended for an MRI scan to be told that they couldn't do half of the scans because I had eye make up on and I would have to come back another time. This was not on the letter I was sent and I was not told whilst I was sat in reception during the 45 minute delay when I could have removed it or during the questionnaire I went through with the radiologist!”

“Mother spent three nights following breathing difficulties on Morton Ward. The staff were excellent, especially the student nurse assigned to her care, who showed patience and respect.”


Is there a member of our staff who you feel has gone the extra mile for you? A NUHonours nomination is a great way to say thanks. NUHonours are our annual staff awards. Find out more and submit a nomination here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment