Monday, 19 September 2016

Online feedback - weekly round up

By Andrew Steggles
Patient Experience Officer

If you’ve visited our hospitals please let us know. Your feedback is a vital part of how we learn and improve so if you’ve visited our hospitals please let us know how we did. 

It’s quick and easy to share your experience online with Patient Opinion and NHS Choices. Alternatively you can send us a tweet to @nottmhospitals

Here are some of last week’s comments. You can read more feedback about us on the Patient Opinion website.

“We were referred to the out of hours service by Kings Mill Hospital after a fish bone became embedded in my daughter’s tonsil. The care and attention we received from the staff at QMC was excellent . As a former Ward Sister myself I was very impressed by everything I saw on Ward C25.”

“Mum was referred to Beeston Ward within 48 hours of her TIA. The care extended to her was exemplary… It made an already stressful time, so much easier for her (and us!).”

“My wife asked one of nurses if she could have some Imodium to stop her from rushing to the toilet and the nurse said she'd ask the on-call doctor to prescribe something. This was at 8: 45pm on Sunday night and she is currently still running between the room and the toilet. The nurses have contacted the doctor - he/she or the medication still hasn't arrived and it's now 00: 32am, all she wants to do is try and sleep. Can somebody tell why it takes so long for someone to prescribe medication when you have the so called hand technology to make things easier and better for the patient?”

“I have Ulcerative Colitis. The treatment I received was excellent however soon after I became an outpatient, it started to falter. The last visit was March 2015 and that was for a colonoscopy, I was supposed to have a follow up appointment after but that never happened, now I've had to make one myself for October 2016 (yet more waiting!)”

“I attended the Cardiac Short Stay Unit to have an ICD fitted, the Unit was very well organised on my arrival .I was quickly shown to my bed and informed where I was on the list, the procedure took place on time and in no time, I was back in my bed and quickly offered tea and a sandwich, which was most welcome. During my time on the unit, I was treated with complete dignity.”

“Spent the afternoon visiting at QMC Nottingham. Very impressed with the cleanliness - in an ex-professional capacity.”


“@Nottingham_Post QMC is where I had my baby he was in 5 days after poorly when I could bring him home had to walk through cigarette smoke.”

No comments:

Post a Comment